Tuesday 30 July 2013

Apricot Preserve

The other day I went grocery shopping at one of the local shops near my house, and saw dried apricots! I have always been a fan of apricots and I wanted to try these dried fruit. I picked up a 250 gm packet and on my way back home was thinking what to make out of these fruits. My 3 y.o daughter has recently started eating lot of jams and preserves. So what better than turning these golden beauties into a preserve!!
Here goes my recipe.


All you need is 1 cup of sugar, 1 inch cinammon stick, 1 star anise, and a pinch of salt, 3 cups of water.

Soak the apricots in 3 cups of water for 8-10 hrs. You could soak it overnight
 
Next morning, Finely chop the apricots in a food processor or with a knife. Place the apricots in a thick bottom pan. Add sugar, water, cinammon and star anise. Cook on seam for about an hour. Keep stirring ocassionally till the mixture thickens.
Ladle into a clean glass jar or an airtight container. Can be stored in refrigerator for upto a month.
 
 Enjoy the preseve with a slice of toasted bread and butter!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment