There are many versions of making a perfect mashed potatoes. Most of the recipe do not add cheese but I have added my twist to it with a cube of grated cheese. It makes the mashed potato cheesy and yummy for kids to eat!
I have used griddle pan to cook the chicken. Alternatively you can cook the chicken by preheating an oven at 200°C. Brush a baking tray with olive oil to grease. Cook for 1 hour or until the chicken is golden and the juices run dry when the thickest part is pierced with a skewer.
4 medium size potatoes
2 tbs butter
1 cheese cube (grated)
4-5 tbs milk
fresh ground pepper
salt as per taste
- Wash the potatoes and pressure cook them till they are completely cooked. It may take about 5-6 whistles to cook the potatoes (depends on the kind of potatoes you are using)
- Warm the milk and butter together in a microwave or pan on the stove. Peel the potatoes and put them in the pan. Use a potato masher to mash the potatoes. Add milk to achieve the proper desired consistency. Add salt, pepper and grated cheese. Mix well. Serve with Lemon Peri Peri Chicken
1/2 kg boneless chicken breast (2 pieces)
olive oil to grease and for marination- 4 tbs
6 garlic cloves coarsely chopped
1 inch ginger coarsely chopped
Lemon juice 1/4 cup
coriander leaves or parsley leaves 1 tbs cup chopped finely
chilli flakes 1 tsp
pepper and salt as per taste
- Wash the chicken under running water. Cut the breast pieces into small bite size pieces.
- To make the Lemon Peri Peri marinate mix all ingredients (olive oil, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, chilli flakes) in a food processor. Blend well. Transfer this to a mixing bowl. Add pepper, salt and chopped coriander or parsley leaves.
- Marinate the chicken pieces by adding the Lemon Peri Peri. Keep for marination for 2 hours.
- Heat a griddle pan. Brush the pan with olive oil. Add the marinated chicken pieces and change the sides of the chicken so that it is cooked evenly from all sides. This will take about 1/2 hour to cook. Serve with mashed potatoes.